A bit of thought on the morning of March 5th

I just feel like sometimes, I can be really harsh on myself for every mistake, for every circumstance that I’m out of control. I recently went to school therapy because I know I need it. Rather than doing something, I spend most of my time sitting and worrying that I ended up barely studying.

I don’t want to go to eat at Mather because bad food makes me feel awful. I would rather eat somewhere good because I do think that food brings me joy. I don’t know why it associates me with joy that much but it might be because going to a restaurant or dining out was how my family back then enjoyed time together so I got a lot of peace and joy from doing that. (this was so random)

Back again to my therapy story, the thing I learned from my therapist is that I should give myself some time and stop being so harsh on myself. I realized today that I miss the chance of being a Research Assistant that would get paid and I was so angry at myself. I wish I started earlier, and I felt so down for the past hour when I should be studying for my exam that I did so bad last time. And then I felt angry and disappointed in myself for not effectively studying. Then I started to scroll my phone to look for something good to soothe me down, then I thought of how much money I already spent on food and how problematic I am. I didn’t dare to tell the story to my friend because I feel so pathetic myself, and now I’m literally telling it to those who are reading this blog.

This is so funny and ridiculous. I need to give myself permission to fail, to feel sad, and to take time off because I know that I have been trying hard. The reason why I sit here and am able to study at Trinity is that I haven’t stopped trying for the last two years. So I know that I’m trying hard and doing everything I can. I cannot be greedy and want to control things that I might not be able to control.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mỗi ngày một điều tích cực

Watching Goblin makes my life become more beautiful and meaningful

Mày cũng vào mà, m cũng làm được mà.