My mom is a wonderwoman

I rarely share with others my family stories, but things have changed. I now feel more comfortable opening up about it. So yeah today I will share some of it! The thing that would usually capture people's attention about my mom is that she is a single mom.

She always tells me and my sister that she is not a good person, that's why she ended up divorcing my dad. But I don't think so, I think she is a wonderful woman, and life has taught me a lot about it. I'm currently taking a gap year as some might already know and how lucky I am to have a supportive mom like her. Nevertheless, we quarrel a lot, especially when my sister and I are very stubborn. Clearly, I know that it makes her really uncomfortable, particularly when she cries. She is mostly busy and sometimes feels weird when she gets time to relax because she always tries to balance between her work, freelance job, and taking care of us. Nonetheless, we always feel we are loved no matter what happens.

As you can see, my mom is amazing and super busy. That's why she rarely has time to go socialize with people like other moms in my building. She would always miss the hottest news or some events. But recently, my mom has been helping another single mom who is pregnant and lives in the same flat as us. And during this mass lockdown in Ho Chi Minh city, that woman can't hire anyone to help her with the housework, to cook, and to shop for food. So my mom has been going there to help her, texting with her to check her up, and suggesting to cook for her as well. Wow! I was really happy when she did it. But it did also question me why since my mom rarely cares about other people's business. I guess it was the experience that she knew and understood how hard it was to raise children alone. Although we lacked food, my mom still tries to bring some for our neighbors. It really teaches me that although we may seem to have nothing, the truth is we still do. Helping, sharing, and caring come in all forms. This reminds me of the thing I once watched on Ali Abdaal's channel. He said that sometimes we think we must be a professional to teach people, but the truth is, we still can, with our own knowledge, we can still help other people who need it and know nothing about it.

Seeing how hard my neighbor is struggling makes me somehow understand the hardship my mom went through as well. I love her a lot and I'm very grateful that I have her in my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mỗi ngày một điều tích cực

Watching Goblin makes my life become more beautiful and meaningful

Mày cũng vào mà, m cũng làm được mà.